CBD ~ Post Workout
5 Benefits of Full Spectrum CBD for Post-Workout Recovery
Sure, gym day is great, but what about the day after? Sore, aching muscles, joint pains, fatigue — it’s enough to make you never want to see a treadmill again! But what if we told you there was a natural and effective way to stave off post-workout pain and make recovery quicker and easier?
The Missing Element to Your Post-Workout Recovery
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a natural compound found in the cannabis plant that offers all the benefits of cannabis without the psychoactive effect. This popular trend has significant potential. While the beneficial effects of CBD are still being studied, scientific research and account-based examples show that CBD has a lot to offer — especially when it comes to athletics.
5 Benefits of CBD You Need to KnowIt’s not news that a workout puts your body under physical stress, causing micro-damage to muscles and leaving you feeling sore and tired. You probably already know you should be getting enough sleep, eating protein, drinking water, and taking rest days as part of your post-workout recovery program — but have you considered adding CBD to that list? Here are five reasons you should.
- It’s a natural anti-inflammatory. CBD is a natural alternative to anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen which can cause uncomfortable side effects and severely damage internal organs.
- It reduces recovery time. Long recovery times may keep you from your best performance, but CBD helps heal and relieve pain, getting you back in the gym sooner.
- It acts as a painkiller. A 2018 review by Frontiers in Neurology determined that CBD has the ability to reduce pain. It may also help by inhibiting pain transmission and lowering sensitivity to aid in pain management.
- It helps with sleep. Most post-workout recovery takes place during deep sleep, which can be challenging to get if you’re in pain. CBD can help you fall and stay asleep.
- It can double as a skincare product. CBD is a natural skincare product that promotes healthy cell growth and protects against free radicals that can damage and age your skin. What harsh weather and hard work may threaten to destroy, CBD can save!